blues festivals, Canada
Mont Tremblant Bluesfest the Real Deal
The 14th annual Tremblant International Blues Festival will take place July 6-15 in Mont Tremblant, Quebec. The festival features ten days of the best in regional and international blues, with 150 shows free to the public.
Featured headliners include Grammy Award-winning guitarist Jonny Lang, the “Queen of the Blues” Koko Taylor, legendary guitarist Duke Robillard & his band, and blues-rock giant Coco Montoya, among the many.
A FEW MAINSTAGE HIGHLIGHTS
July 7 Koko Taylor & Her Blues Machine, Chris Jagger
July 8 Duke Robillard Band, Toni Lynn Washington, Janiva Magness, Harry Manx
July 10 Garrett Mason, Tony D., Steve Marriner, J. Campbelljohn, Joe Murphy
July 11 Jonny Lang, Maple Blues Revue
July 12 Coco Montoya, Jack de Keyzer
July 13 Luther “Guitar Junior” Johnson, Bob Walsh
* International acts include Australian harmonica player Harper; UK guitarist Matt Schofield; French harmonica man Charles Pasi; Cameroon native, now Paris-based guitarist Roland Tchakounté; Cuban guitarist Elmer Ferrer; Houston vocalist Diunna Greenleaf; guitarist Mark May (opening – Candye Kane; and Detroil bluesmen Harmonica Shah and R.J. Spangler.
* Home grown blues acts including Bob Walsh, The Boppin’ Blues Band, Stephen Barry, Ricky Paquette, Rick L. Blues, Jim Zeller, Carl Tremblay, Jimmy James, and Bottleneck.
* A tribute to the great Canadian bluesman Dutch Mason in a show featuring his son Garrett Mason and friends on July 10.
* On July 11, The Maple Blues Revue, featuring the house band of the annual Maple Blues Awards, will include members of Fathead, Downchild Blues Band and Jack de Keyzer’s band with three lead vocalists: Chuck Jackson, John Mays, and Dawn Tyler Watson.
* The Acoustic Summit on July 9 featuring Pat The White, Dawn Tyler Watson & Paul Deslauriers, Angel Forrest, Roland Tchakounté, Bottleneck and other guests.
* The closing jam with a house band led by Jean-Sébastien Chouinard and his band Smokin’ Sonik.
for more info visit www.tremblant.ca/blues/index.htm