jazz festivals, Canada
Special Jazzfest Programming
Daily Shows Showcase Calgary Jazzfest Artists
CJSW Radio, an official radio station for Calgary Jazzfest 2009, is presenting special jazz programming from June 22-28 in honour of the Calgary International Jazz Festival’s 30th Anniversary.
Adding spice to the station’s regular programming format which includes jazz shows weekday mornings from 6-9am and on Wednesday evenings from 8-9pm, CJSW has programmed special features and interviews with Calgary Jazzfest artists slated to perform throughout the week.
CJSW SPECIAL JAZZFEST PROGRAMMING
* June 17 from 8-11am – The Burima + Neville Jazz Extravaganza! The Morning After and Bella Musica team up to give you a comprehensive look at the 2009 festival line-up. Interviews and music abound, including Trisha Edwards, Sinistrio and others, this is not to be missed!
* June 22 from 9-10am – A special collage and highlights of Chef Wayne’s Jazzfest coverage, featured all this month on South Louisiana Gumbo, including Allen Toussiant, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and others. (Tune in to SLG on Monday nights from 7-8pm)
* June 23, from 9-11am – A full morning kicks off with a profile of festival highlight Medeski, Martin and Wood, produced by CJSW’s Greg Chernoff host of The Soapbox Derby. Then Roxanne Potvin will visit our studio for an interview and live acoustic session!
* June 25, from 9-11am – Ola and Greg will point their soapbox in the direction of jazz fans, featuring a special profile of James Cotton and Mose Allison produced by CJSW’s premiere jazz expert Philip Barker, host of Morning Joy. Then Jazzfest highlight Mose Allison will pay Greg and Ola a visit to talk about his festival experience.
* June 26, from 9-11:30am – The 2 1/2 Hour Coffee Break takes a break to make way for a profile of Dave Holland produced by CJSW’s Gordon Fick host of Lift The Bandstand (which airs Wednesday evenings from 8-9pm).
CJSW Radio broadcasts at 90.0FM in Alberta and can be found online at www.cjsw.com.